Take our makerspaces and studios on-the-go.
The Library of Things is a collection of equipment that can be reserved and checked out from Richland Library Main. The collection is a natural evolution of the library’s lending model and an extension of the various makerspaces and Studios available to customers inside our libraries. The Library of Things aims to reduce barriers for entrepreneurs, creatives, and lifelong learners by providing access to quality equipment.
- Library of Things Equipment can be reserved for up to one week.
- A Maximum of 3 items can be checked out at one time.
- A signed Library of Things waiver and a valid government issued photo ID are required to checkout equipment.
- Library of Things equipment is available by reservation for customers aged 18 and up.
- Cardholders are responsible for all materials checked out on their library card. In the event that an item is lost or not returned, charges will be applied to the cardholder’s library account for the value of the item. In the event that an item is damaged, the card holder will be charged for repairs or replacement of the item.
- The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation if equipment is not checked out within 24 hours after a reservation begins.
- Users must possess a valid Richland Library card with current address and no outstanding fees above $10.00 to borrow equipment. *Courtesy cards and computer cards do not have Library of Things borrowing privileges.
- Failure to return items by their due date will result in loss of borrowing privileges.